Recipe by ChefDebs
This is quite rich but very yummy.It is one of my favourite veal dishes and is great with baby new potatoes and green beans.
- 4 veal scallopini, pounded thin
- 1 cup seasoned flour
- 2 cups wild mushrooms
- 1⁄2 cup heavy cream
- 1⁄2 cup port wine
- 1⁄4 cup chicken stock
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Dredge the veal in the seasoned flour.
- In a skillet heat butter over med/high heat and saute the veal until lightly golden on both sides, remove from skillet and keep warm.
- Add mushrooms to the skillet and saute until tender, then add the port and reduce until thick and syrupy.
- Add the heavy cream and chicken stock and reduce furthur until sauce lightly coats the back of a spoon.
- Place veal on serving plates and spoon sauce over the top.