Prep 30 mins
Cook 20 mins
Excellent side dish for Thanksgiving! Courtesy of my sister in law, Debbie. Thank you for my first taste of sweet potatoes.
- 2 (23 ounce) cans sweet potatoes, well drained (or yams)
- 4 tablespoons butter, melted
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar, firmly packed (I use the Splenda blend)
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups miniature marshmallows
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Lightly coat a 10 x 6 x 2 inch (1 1/2 quart) glass baking dish with nonstick cooking spray and set aside.
- Combine the sweet potatoes with 1/4 cup of the melted butter along with the brown sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg and salt in a mixing bowl and beat until very well blended.
- Add 1 cup of the marshmallows and blend.
- Transfer the mixture to the baking dish smoothing out the top with a spatula.
- Put the remaining marshmallows over the top.
- Bake for about 20 minutes or until the potatoes are very hot and the topping is golden brown.
- Remove from oven and serve immediately.
I made this last year for Thanksgiving and everyone loved it! I had to search for my printout so that I got the right one since I've been asked to make it again. I'm bookmarking it now! Thanks for such a good recipe! The only change I made was that I add a little bit of orange juice Thanks again!