Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is Dean Ornish's recipe.
- 2 ounces Baby Spinach
- 2 ounces butter lettuce, torn into bite size pieces
- 1⁄2 cup peeled julienned broccoli stem
- 1⁄2 cup very thin sliced fennel
- 1⁄2 cup fresh blueberries
- 1⁄4 cup pomegranate seeds
- 1 tablespoon flax seed
- 1⁄2 cup peeled diced pear
- 2 tablespoons golden balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons water
- 2 teaspoons agave nectar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1⁄3 teaspoon fine chopped rosemary
- In a salad bowl, combine spinach, lettuce, broccoli, fennel, blueberries, pomegranate seeds, walnuts, flax and pear.
- In blender combine all dressing ingredients and puree till smooth.
- Toss dressing with salad just before serving.
Note the directions call for walnuts which are not included in the ingredients. IF using for Heart Reversal or a stricter diet or weight loss using only group 1 in the Spectrum, Walnuts are not allowed. Walnuts are a group 2 in Spectrum