Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
I have been trying for years to formulate a great tasting "fresh" salsa. This is it. If you like a milder salsa, start out with one jalapeno and work your way up the heat scale.
- 10 ounces canned tomatoes
- 30 ounces canned tomatoes and green chilies (Rotel-type)
- 10 large garlic cloves
- 1 white onion, coarsley chopped
- 3 large fresh jalapenos
- 1 bunch fresh cilantro
- 4 ounces canned mild green chilies
- 1 bunch green onion, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon oregano leaves, crumbled
- 1⁄2 lemon, juice of
- 1⁄2 lime, juice of
- Process stewed tomatoes, one can Rotel, garlic, onion, jalapenos, and cilantro until it is a smooth (I used a stick blender so it remained a little chunkier than in a food processor or blender).
- Add remaining two cans of Rotel, the green chiles, green onions, cumin, oregano, lemon and lime juices. Mix well.
- Add salt to taste.
- Refrigerate or freeze.
- Best made a couple hours ahead so the flavors can meld.