Recipe by cook from scratch
This is our adaptation of the original Eagle Brand Magic Cookie Bar recipe. We have adjusted it to suit our dietary needs and personal taste preference. The original recipe calls for a graham cracker crust and pecans as part of the topping. We prefer the pecan crust instead. Enjoy!
- 1 cup finely chopped pecans
- 1 cup flour
- 1⁄2 cup butter, melted
- 2 1⁄2 cups angel flake coconut (1/2 large poly bag)
- 8 ounces eagle brand sweetened condensed milk
- 12 ounces milk chocolate chips (I use Publix brand)
Directions See How It's Made
- In a medium bowl, place flour and chopped pecans. Pour melted butter over the top and mix well. Push crust mixture into the bottom of a 9x9 baker. (I use a Pampered Chef Square Baker and it does not stick!)
- Layer chocolate chips (reserving a good handful for later use) and coconut over the crust.
- Pour milk evenly over the top.
- Sprinkle reserved chips on top of the milk.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 350F for about 20-25 minutes until the edges are a little brown. Allow to cool completely before cutting.