Original recipe from the oldest known surviving cookbook, "De Re Coquinaria," By Apicius, written in the first centry A.D. Recipe "modernazation" found in "The Philospher's Kitchen" by Francine Segan.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1With a sharp knife, make a small cut lengthwise in the top of each date and remove the pit.
- 2Lightly toast the almonds and walnuts over medium-low heat.
- 3Using a teaspoon, fill the datees with the nut mixture.
- 4Simmer the wine, honey and pepper over medium heat for about 15 minutes.
- 5Place the dates, cut side up, in the pan and continue to simmer until warm or about 5 minutes.
- 6Serve the warm dates with the cheese wedges and top with a sprinkle of sea salt and lemon zest.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Dates in Spiced Wine
Serving Size: 1 (114 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 330.8
- Calories from Fat 146
- Total Fat 16.2 g
- Saturated Fat 7.0 g
- Cholesterol 27.2 mg
- Sodium 414.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 33.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.0 g
- Sugars 25.0 g
- Protein 11.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
lemons, zest of