1/2 Photos of Date Truffles (Madgooga)
This recipe is easy to make and popular in Iraq since one of the things that Iraq is famous for is dates. We have lots of varieties and kinds of dates from chewy to very hard. It is better to use this recipe with hard type of dates (called kasab) not soft, but you could use soft dates if you didn't find hard dates. Sometimes Ii use already-crushed dates from the market and it goes well too. There are lots of varieties for the coating of the truffles, use as many coatings as you like according to your personal taste.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Put all ingredients in a bowl.
- 2Grind the mixture with meat grinder finely.
- 3Shape the dates into small balls 2 cm in diameter with slightly oiled hand with vegetable oil (I like to shape them roughly so they are not so perfect balls).
- 4Roll the truffles in your selected coating and place on parchment paper or tray.
- 5Put the truffles in small decorative paper cups and arrange them in the serving plate.
- 6If you bought dates that are already ground and pitted, you don't need to grind them in the meat grinder, simply knead ingredients together by hand or you can grind it again by the meat grinder.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Date Truffles (Madgooga)
Serving Size: 1 (448 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 23.1
- Calories from Fat 0
- Total Fat 0.0 g
- Saturated Fat 0.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 0.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 6.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.6 g
- Sugars 5.1 g
- Protein 0.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included: