1/2 Photos of Date Syrup
1 hr 30 mins
Date Syrup can be used like maple syrup and also to top olive oil couscous cake
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1dry 36 dates and chopping them in the blender.
- 2Combine all ingredients in a saucepan and bring to a boil.
- 3Reduce heat to medium-low and simmer, stirring frequently for 1 hour.
- 4Cool to room temperature, put in a blender and blend until smooth.
- 5Store in refrigerator; heat slightly before using on anything you are serving hot.
- 6Use Date Syrup just as you would use maple syrup on pancakes, waffles, French toast, ice cream.
- 7It is higher in fiber and lower in calories than maple syrup or honey. Makes about 1 3/4 cups.
You Might Also Like...View All Jams and Preserves Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Date Syrup
Serving Size: 1 (735 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 856.2
- Calories from Fat 10
- Total Fat 1.1 g
- Saturated Fat 0.1 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 15.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 225.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 24.2 g
- Sugars 189.8 g
- Protein 7.3 g