Prep 15 mins
Cook 12 mins
A light casserole, ideal for a luncheon. Tuna can be substituted for salmon.
- 1 (15 ounce) can salmon
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 cups milk
- 3 green onions, finely chopped
- 1 cup soda cracker, finely crushed
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon paprika
- Drain salmon, flake and set aside.
- To make sauce:.
- In microwave proof dish, stir cornstarch into cold milk until smooth; add onions.
- Put in Microwave oven and cook 2 minutes on High.
- Add salt, pepper and 1 Tblsp butter.
- Stir mixture and cook 2 minutes more.
- In a casserole layer 1/2 the salmon, 1 Cup sauce, 1/2 Cup crackers, 1/2 Tbsp butter.
- Repeat layers, dot with butter, sprinkle with paprika. Cover and microwave for 12 minutes at power level #7.
- Can be re heated in the oven at 325* for 30 mimutes.
- Serve with a salad and a green vegetable.
- Recipe can be halved quite successfully. It’s in my repertoire of cooking for 2.
This was WONDERFUL!!!!!!!! Rich and creamy!!!!!!!! And very easy to make, too!!! I will be making this often!!!!! Ty very much Sage!!!!!! :) :) :)