Recipe by Darlene Summers
I was tired of pork steak the same old way all the time, so one day I just started doing things to it till this is what I came up with. My husband loved it, so I fix it all the time now. It's real simple to fix and you can fix whatever side dishes you like with it--it is very versatile.
- 2 -3 large pork steaks
- 1 onion, cut up
- 1 (8 ounce) can chunk pineapple
- 2 whole hot peppers
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- green pepper (optional)
- red pepper (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Brown 2 or 3 large pork steaks on both sides; remove from pan to cool (but do not empty fat from pan).
- When cool enough to handle, cut up into bite sized pieces (discard bone).
- Return meat to skillet and cover with water (barely cover). Bring to a boil and continue to boil on medium to high heat till all water is gone and pork steak starts to fry on it's own. Fry till good and brown with onion, peppers, and pineapple.
- When brown, add brown sugar and cook and stir till brown sugar is dissolved (or you may use your favorite sweet and sour sauce on it).