Prep 25 mins
Cook 15 mins
Yummy meatballs that I have used in several different recipes. They are very versatile. Try them in spaghetti and meatballs dish, "Meatball Sandwiches" or sweet and sour. You can find the ways I use them included in my recipe collection.
- 4 eggs
- 2 cups dry breadcrumbs
- 1⁄2 cup finely chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon white pepper
- 2 lbs lean ground beef
- 2 lbs turkey breakfast sausage (usually found in rolls)
- In a large bowl, beat eggs. Add the next five ingredients. Add beef; mix well.
- Shape into 1 inch balls, about 12 dozen.
- Place in single layers in ungreased 15in x 10in x 1 in baking pans. Bake at 400 degrees for 10-15 minutes or until no longer pink, turning often; drain. Cool.
- Place about 30 meatballs into freezer containers. May be frozen for up to 3 months.
Wasted alot of meat on this one. 1/2 cup of white pepper is a bit much to me. I am surprised noone noticed or commented on it.
Delicious and greatly enjoyed with Linda's Busy Kitchen's Recipe #329379. :) I couldn't find turkey breakfast sausages so I made these with a blend of ground beef and ground veal/pork. I've found that mixing the meats always results in great flavour. The only additions I made were I added 3 cloves of minced garlic and some rosemary, sage and thyme. Thanks for sharing this super recipe. Made for 1-2-3 Hit Wonders.
I gave this 4 stars because hubby really did like them. My opinion was that the sausage (I used regular pork sausage) over powered everything else. Next time I will try it with the turkey sausage or make it 3 pounds of ground beef and 1 pound of pork sausage. All in all they were good. Thanks for posting!