Prep 10 mins
Cook 25 mins
These tasty muffins smell wonderful while baking and taste even better. The cinnamon adds a nice dimension to this treat. I hope you will enjoy these delicious coffee cinnamon and chocolate muffins.
- 1 egg, jumbo
- 2 egg whites, jumbo
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1⁄4 cup chocolate milk
- 1 tablespoon instant coffee crystals
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1⁄2 cup vanilla sugar (may substitute white)
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 cup chocolate chips, dairy milk
- 1⁄2 cup bittersweet chocolate chips (may substitute dark)
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon sugar
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Spray or grease muffin cups on the bottom.
- Mix together the egg and the egg whites with the two milks, stirring well.
- Next add the coffee, water, and vanilla to the milk mixture, blend well and set aside.
- In a large bowl, mix together flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt.
- Add the wet ingredients to the flour mixture making sure to combine well, the batter should be very moist.
- Next add your chocolate chips, stir and fill the muffin cups 2/3 full, lastly sprinkle the tops with cinnamon sugar.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes.
*Made for Australia/NZ Swap #33* DEE-licious ! I SHOULD have followed directions and removed at 20 minutes, but failed the toothpick test -- too wet ! I used mini-bittersweet chocolate chips and cinnamon chips, too. Will be breakfast for the next few days ! Thanks for posting, BK !
Aussie Swap#24: Decadent morning treat!! Easy to make!!
The mocha taste and accent of bittersweet chocolate were very satisfying. The ingredients list changed from when I tagged the recipe, and it needs reordering for the sequence used as it was very confusing to me. The reordering meant that I missed the milk chocolate chips now appearing just before the bittersweet chips. I used 1 cup soymilk and 2 teaspoons chocolate syrup instead of 1/2 cup milk and 1/2 cup chocolate milk, to use what I had for the switcheroo from the original 1/2 cup milk chocolate. I used 3/4 teaspoon sugar and 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon for the cinnamon sugar and had just enough! It would help a lot to enter the correct ingredient name for what is intended (or is this a case of U.S. vs. Canadian terminology?). The batter was so liquid that my Ghiradelli bittersweet chips fell to the bottom of the muffin, so it might help to use mini chips. The recipe made 12 cupcake-sized muffins, with a little batter to spare (but not enough to warrant pulling out another cupcake pan). Bottom line: DH and I loved our muffins! Thanks for posting, Baby Kato. Made for Newest Zaar Tag.