These tasty muffins smell wonderful while baking and taste even better. The cinnamon adds a nice dimension to this treat. I hope you will enjoy these delicious coffee cinnamon and chocolate muffins.
- 1 egg, jumbo
- 2 egg whites, jumbo
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1⁄4 cup chocolate milk
- 1 tablespoon instant coffee crystals
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1⁄2 cup vanilla sugar (may substitute white)
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 cup chocolate chips, dairy milk
- 1⁄2 cup bittersweet chocolate chips (may substitute dark)
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon sugar
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Spray or grease muffin cups on the bottom.
- Mix together the egg and the egg whites with the two milks, stirring well.
- Next add the coffee, water, and vanilla to the milk mixture, blend well and set aside.
- In a large bowl, mix together flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt.
- Add the wet ingredients to the flour mixture making sure to combine well, the batter should be very moist.
- Next add your chocolate chips, stir and fill the muffin cups 2/3 full, lastly sprinkle the tops with cinnamon sugar.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes.