Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
- 2 (12 ounce) bottles ginger beer, chilled
- 3 ounces dark rum
- 2 long cinnamon sticks
- 2 lime wedges, for serving
- Pour 1 bottle of ginger beer into each of 2 chilled beer mugs or tall glasses, tilting the glass and gently pouring the ginger beer down the side to minimize foaming.
- Gradually add 1 ½ ounce of dark rum to each glass, so that it floats in the ginger beer—pour it over a spoon held at the surface of the ginger beer.
- Add a cinnamon stick, stir gently, and serve at once, garnished with a lime wedge.
Dark & Stormy is a great alternative to rum & Coke, but it simply must be made with Black Seal rum from Bermuda. There IS no substitute!