Recipe by UnknownChef86
Source: "Baking with Julia"
Top Review by Annie Z.
This recipe was easy and absolutely delicious! It is exactly the almond filling that we have been enjoying in our favorite bakery's almond croissants. Instead of grinding 1 cup of whole almonds, we used a generous 1/2 cup of Bob's Red Mill almond meal. Wonderful!!
- 1 cup blanched almond
- 1⁄2 cup powdered sugar
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1⁄2 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 large egg white, lightly beaten
Directions See How It's Made
- Put almonds, sugar and butter into food processor.
- Process until almonds are finely ground, scraping bowl as necessary.
- Add almond extract and 2 Tbl of the beaten egg white.
- Process until mixed.
- Stor in airtight container in the refrigerator until needed (up to 1 week).
- Bring to room temperature before using.