Recipe by Lekkersoet
Since I have a problem with dairy products, but still love a creamy pasta, I have developed a creamy pasta sauce that goes down very well. I have just made this dish and it was a hit with my husband. The recipe is easy and can be made in larger amounts.
- 150 g of your favourite pasta
- 1 cup water
- 1 vegetable stock cube
- 1 cup soya milk
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 pinch pepper
- 1 (85 g) can smoked mussels
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 dash oil
Directions See How It's Made
- Place pasta in boiling water and cook until soft and to your liking. You can add salt and oil to taste.
- In another pot, add the flour and a dash of oil and mix until it becomes a flour/oil paste.
- Turn up the heat to medium and allow to cook for about a minute.
- Mix the cup of water with a cube of vegetable stock. Gradually add the mixed stock into the paste slowly, and mix, adding more as it becomes a sauce, until all of it has been added.
- Add the cup of soya milk (it should also work with rice milk or any other vegetable based milk product), also adding slowly and stirring in until it is nice and creamy.
- Open the tin of smoked mussels and drain then add them to the sauce. Stir them into the sauce and allow to get warm in the sauce.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Drain the pasta once cooked and dish into bowls.
- Pour the sauce into the bowls over the pasta and decorate with some mint or basil for a professional looking, delicious, dairy-free pasta!