Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This means "college potatoes" and they are popular snacks for students in Japan. Japanese sweet potatoes are lighter in color than what we are used to.
- Fry the cut-up sweet potatoes in oil and drain.
- Make sure the potatoes have a crisp exterior.
- Make the sauce, heating the oil, sugar and sesame seeds together in a large saucepan.
- Remove from heat, add the potatoes, and stir well to thoroughly cover the potatoes.
- Place the potatoes on a greased plate or pan so that they do not stick to one another.
- Serve warm or cold.