My dad used to make these every Saturday morning. He likes his pancakes large, but you can cook dollar-size pancakes if you want. Or spoon onto the griddle in the form of your young diner's initial. You can also try adding blueberries, bananas, or chocolate chips to the batter. From a Better Homes and Gardens cookbook, with the addition of my dad's not-so-secret ingredient (vanilla).
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Combine flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt in a mixing bowl.
- 2Beat the eggs in a smaller mixing bowl. Add milk, eggs, oil, and vanilla.
- 3Pour the liquid mixture into the dry mixture, and stir to combine.
- 4Spoon about 1/2 cup onto a hot, greased griddle and cook until the underside is brown.
- 5Flip and cook until the other side is brown as well.
- 6Serve with maple syrup.
Browse Our Top Pancakes and Waffles Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Pancakes and Waffles Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Dad's Saturday Morning Pancakes
Serving Size: 1 (153 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 319.2
- Calories from Fat 126
- Total Fat 14.1 g
- Saturated Fat 3.7 g
- Cholesterol 81.8 mg
- Sodium 378.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 38.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.1 g
- Sugars 2.4 g
- Protein 9.0 g