Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
My dad used to make these every Saturday morning. He likes his pancakes large, but you can cook dollar-size pancakes if you want. Or spoon onto the griddle in the form of your young diner's initial. You can also try adding blueberries, bananas, or chocolate chips to the batter. From a Better Homes and Gardens cookbook, with the addition of my dad's not-so-secret ingredient (vanilla).
- 2 cups milk
- 2 cups flour
- 2 eggs
- 4 tablespoons oil, plus more for greasing
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- maple syrup, to serve
- Combine flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt in a mixing bowl.
- Beat the eggs in a smaller mixing bowl. Add milk, eggs, oil, and vanilla.
- Pour the liquid mixture into the dry mixture, and stir to combine.
- Spoon about 1/2 cup onto a hot, greased griddle and cook until the underside is brown.
- Flip and cook until the other side is brown as well.
- Serve with maple syrup.