Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
My Dad was an awesome cook and the one recipe that he handed out more than any other was the recipe he used for his meat marinade. Later on he would add a bit of Montreal Steak Seasoning to it as well but I'm going to write the recipe without it and let you decide if you want it or not. This was the biggest hit on his famous shish-ka-bobs.
- 1⁄2 cup salad oil
- 3⁄4 cup soy sauce
- 1⁄4 cup Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoons dry mustard
- 2 1⁄4 teaspoons salt
- 1 tablespoon coarse black pepper
- 1⁄2 cup wine vinegar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried parsley
- 1⁄3 cup lemon juice
- Combine all ingredients and mix well (use a shaker of possible, cocktail shakers work really well!).
- Pour over meat and let marinate for at least 1 to 2 hours (the longer the better!).
Although the meat was very tender, it turned out WAY too vinegary/ acidic and a bit on the salty side for us. I followed the recipe to a T... :( The meat was very tender though!!
I marinated a tri tip yesterday with this marinade. It turned out nicely and there was plenty of marinade to do the trick. I did add garlic, but kept the rest the same. I will fix this again. Thank CoreyAnn for posting your father's recipe.