in OH's Note:
One of the reason's my mom married my dad- it was even in their vows! Very flexible and flavorful.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 8 eggs (2 per person)
- 1/3 cup milk
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce or 1 tablespoon Braggs Aminos
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoons butter, cold
- 1Whisk eggs, avoid excess froth.
- 2Add milk, Soy Sauce/Bragg, and lemon juice.
- 3Heat 1 tbs olive oil and 1 tbs butter on medium heat.
- 4Sauté herbs for about 1 minute.
- 5Pour in egg, turn heat to high until egg starts to bubble, then return to medium heat.
- 6After egg starts to gel, lift up edge of eggs and pour wet egg under, working around the edge.
- 7Periodically run butter around edge of pan.
- 8When all egg liquid gone, put cheese, veggies on top, cover and put on low heat for about 2 minutes.
- 9Slide out of pan and serve folded in half.
Browse Our Top Breakfast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Dad's Best Omelette
Serving Size: 1 (152 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 276.2
- Calories from Fat 199
- Total Fat 22.1 g
- Saturated Fat 9.1 g
- Cholesterol 447.1 mg
- Sodium 533.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 3.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.1 g
- Sugars 0.9 g
- Protein 15.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included: