Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr
These are a favorite and visiting family always requests them when they come to see us. If only they knew how easy they are to prepare!
- Scrub your potatoes and slice each potato into 1/2-inch rounds, but keep them together in the potato shape.
- Place one potato on each foil square and top with one onion round each, and then the butter pat on top of the onion (the size of your pat of butter is up to you, but mine are about 1 1/2 tablespoons each.
- Now the fun part. I line up all of my spices in front of me and shake on as much as I like to each potato. Be very liberal--potatoes can take a lot of flavor.
- Then put each foil square in front of you with the potato lengthwise. Grab the front flap and the back flap and pull them together over the potato and then roll them down together until you get close to the potato. Then grab the sides and roll them upward so that none of the butter spills out during baking.
- Place them on a baking sheet in a 350-375° oven for about an hour, depending on how big your potatoes are and how thick you sliced them. You can check their doneness by sliding a knife into one through the foil--if it goes in smoothly, it's done.
Yummy, a nice change and easy!
Your Dad can sure be proud of this recipe. I got them ready early in the day and popped them in the oven an hour before dinner. I agree it is so easy and the flavor is wonderful. I used Mrs Dash spicy as well as the dill weed, garlic, cayenne and pepper Thanks Robin for a nice addition to my Sunday dinner
I'm for trying anything that's easy and this recipe is. Even better is the taste. This one is a keeper!