Recipe by MinnMomof2
These are really cute I made them for a Halloween party with the nutter butter ghosts. The original recipe calls for Oreo's or ChipsAhoy which I didn't have in the house so I improvised. Pretty well anything round that tastes good covered in almond bark would be tasty:) This came from a pdf from Kraft I believe.
- 2 Ritz crackers
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons peanut butter
- 1 -2 ounce almond bark or 1 -2 ounce vanilla candy coating or 1 -2 ounce white chocolate or 1 -2 ounce orange candy melts
- orange food coloring, and
- red food coloring
- food coloring (pens or decorator gel)
- green sprinkles
Directions See How It's Made
- Sandwich peanut butter between crackers.
- Melt almond bark.
- Add 1 drop each of red and yellow food coloring and stir.
- *** NOTE!= Beware! I have done this in the past with no problems but the most recent batch of almond bark began seizing on me so I had to add solid shortening, melt, and stir. Each brand is different! I used the orange candy melts to avoid this next.
- Dip crackers let dry on waxed paper-repeat for more.
- Before they dry I draw 2 curved lines from so they look like this ( ) to make it resemble a pumpkin.
- While still wet stick a green sprinkle (you could use anything else to make the stem too such as cut gumdrop).
- Draw jack-o-lantern face on with gel or food coloring pen. Enjoy!
- Great for the kids!