Recipe by auntchelle
This is a spiced up version of roast chicken. Do make sure the chicken is totally dry otherwise you won't be able to rub in the butter properly.
Top Review by Susiecat too
Wow, an easy 5-star recipe! This took about 5 minutes to prepare before putting it in the oven. The combination of flavors from the lemon zest and the cinnamon/chili powder reminded me of North African style cooking. It was truly delicious, and devoured by my whole family in no time flat. Sorry for the lack of a picture -- the chicken was gone before I could even get a decent picture set up. Thanks, Mischka!
- 1 5⁄8 kg chicken, cleaned and dried
- 4 slices lemon zest (thick slices)
- 40 g butter, softened
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 180 Deg C (350 Deg F).
- Put the lemon zest in the chicken cavity.
- In a small bowl combine all the remaining ingredients. Rub the butter blend all over the chicken.
- Place the chicken on a rack in a pan/baking dish and bake, basting regularly, for 45 minutes to an hour (until juices run clear).