1/1 Photo of Curry Couscous and Broccoli Feta Salad With Garbanzo Beans
All ingredients can be adjusted to suit taste. Add in some chopped peeled cucumber if desired. If you are not a ginger lover then omit the fresh ginger. Plan ahead this salad needs to chill for at least 2 hours before serving.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 -2 tablespoon curry powder
- 2 1/4 cups water
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 7 cups broccoli (cut into small florets) or 7 cups cauliflower (cut into small florets)
- 1 large carrot, sliced paper thin
- 1 (10 ounce) box couscous
- 1 (15 ounce) can chickpeas, well drained and rinsed (garbanzo beans)
- 1/2 cup olive oil (or to taste)
- 1/4 cup white wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh ginger (or to taste)
- 1 1/2 cups feta cheese, crumbled
- 4 -5 green onions, chopped
- 1 cup sliced almonds, toasted
- salt and pepper
- 1In a large saucepan stir the curry powder over medium heat until fragrant and toasted (about 1 minute).
- 2Add in 2-1/4 cups water with 1 teaspoon salt.
- 3Add in veggie florets and carrots to the saucepan with the water and curry; bring to full a boil, cover and cook 1 minute.
- 4Remove from heat and mix in couscous; cover and let stand until the couscous softens (about 5-6 minutes).
- 5Transfer the couscous and veggies to a large bowl.
- 6Mix in garbanzo beans, oil, wine vinegar, minced fresh ginger; toss to combine.
- 7Cool to room temperature or chill (make certain that the couscous is completely cooled or the feta will melt).
- 8Add in feta cheese, green onions and toasted almonds (if using); toss to combine.
- 9Add in salt and pepper to taste.
- 10Chill for a minimum of 2 hours before serving.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Curry Couscous and Broccoli Feta Salad With Garbanzo Beans
Serving Size: 1 (416 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 705.4
- Calories from Fat 356
- Total Fat 39.6 g
- Saturated Fat 9.2 g
- Cholesterol 33.3 mg
- Sodium 1149.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 68.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 11.7 g
- Sugars 5.3 g
- Protein 23.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
white wine vinegar