Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
A little "zing" to the all-known coleslaw. Eventhough there are just the two of us, I make the whole recipe. It keeps well in the fridge.
- 1 head cabbage, cored and shredded
- 8 green onions, chopped
- 16 ounces green peas (frozen)
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1⁄4 cup white vinegar
- 2 tablespoons curry powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon ground cayenne pepper
- In a large bowl, mix cabbage, onions and peas.
- In a separate bowl, mix sour cream, mayonnaise, vinegar, curry powder, ginger, and cayenne pepper.
- Toss with the slaw to coat.
- Cover and refrigerate.
This was an unexpected surprise. Very good.
I love curry and I love this coleslaw! The curry flavour from the dressing with the sweetness of the peas is wonderful. I used a mixture of red and green cabbage, and halved the dressing for the head of cabbage I used. Thanks!!
I really liked this although I made a few changes. I used a mild version of Femmes' Revenge Caribbean Curry Mix Recipe #158082 and omitted the cayenne listed here. I also did not use the peas and reduced the vinegar a bit. The salad was flavorful, a lovely color, and kept well in the fridge. I plan to take this one to the next potluck. Thank you for sharing your recipe!!!