Recipe by Woowoose
A recipe listed on the Crock-Pot website. The original has raisins but I've left those out in order to make it work for the Fat Flush Plan, Phase 2.
Top Review by yogiclarebear
Very tasty and beautifully presentable dish. I did use the raisins (currants); added them right into the crock along with the peaches and shallots. I did not use any olive oil, and I used a can of "no sugar added" peaches instead of fresh, but everything else was as written, and all the flavors balanced very well. I served this over couscous, with a side of green beans.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 lbs chicken breasts
- 2 fresh peaches, skinned and sliced (reserve 8 slices for garnish)
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 shallots, thinly sliced
- 2 teaspoons grated gingerroot
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 2 teaspoons cumin
- 1⁄2 teaspoon whole cloves
- 3⁄4 cup chicken stock
- 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat the olive oil in a skillet, add chicken and lightly brown (about 3 minutes a side).
- Transfer chicken to Crock-Pot and top with peaches and shallots.
- Toss the remaining 8 peach slices with lemon juice and refrigerate.
- Combine remaining ingredients in a bowl, whisk to combine and pour over chicken.
- Cook on High for 3 – 3 1/2 hours.
- When finished garnish the chicken with the reserved peaches.
- * To skin a peach, either use a peeler OR make an “x” at the bottom of the peach with a knife, submerge the peach into simmering water for 10 – 20 seconds. Cool under running water or in an ice water bath. When cool enough to handle, use a paring knife to easily peel away skin.