Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
Great served with soup!
- 6 slices bread
- 60 g butter, softened
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 2 teaspoons curry powder
- 2 tablespoons parmesan cheese, grated
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1⁄8 teaspoon paprika
- Remove crusts from bread.
- Toast only one side of bread.
- Combine butter, mayonnaise, curry powder, cheese, salt and pepper.
- Spread evenly over untoasted side of bread, sprinkle with paparika.
- Cut each slice evenly into three.
- Put on oven tray, bake in 180C (350F) oven for 15-20 minutes or until browned.
This was very good. The first time we made the recipe as stated but I used a sesame covered baguette. It was good but we felt it needed something. I had some spread left over so the next night I added a few shakes of garlic powder along with finely minced red onion (maybe 1 Tbsp) and it was very, very good. Served this the first night with a Chinese Chicken Salad and the second night with a spicy chicken breast over salad. Thanks for posting. Will definitely make this again.
Absolutely wonderful served with a curried sweet potato soup. We used whole grain french baguette slices, and I loved the additional crunch.
Easy and delicious! I love how the flavors blended and the texture of the rusks from the time in the oven. I used whole wheat bread and omitted the salt. And it was excellent with soup, as recommended! Thanks for sharing!