Prep 12 mins
Cook 40 mins
Official Contest Entry: Simply Potatoes 5Fix. All of the elements of a samosa baked into a delicious shepherd's pie.
- 2 1⁄2 cups Simply Potatoes Garlic Mashed Potatoes
- 1 single refrigerated pie crust
- 8 ounces frozen peas
- 1 lb 90% lean ground beef
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Press the pie crust into the bottom and sides of a 9" glass pie dish. Set aside.
- Cook the beef in a nonstick skillet, over medium heat. Be sure to break apart the meat into small crumbles as it cooks. Cook for 6-8 minutes until the meat is browned. Stir in the curry powder and frozen peas and cook for an additional 3 minutes.
- Spoon the meat mixture into the pie shell.
- Place the mashed potatoes into a large bowl. Break apart with a fork and stir until fluffy. Spread the potatoes over the top of the meat mixture.
- Bake for 35-40 minutes.