Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
Makes a nice spiced, crispy batter. Adjust the amount and hotness of curry powder to your own liking. This is enough for approx 1 1/2 lb of fish cut up in pieces.
- 3⁄4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄4 cup cornstarch
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 tablespoon curry powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 egg
- 1⁄2 cup water, maybe a bit more
- 1⁄2 teaspoon mustard
- In a bowl mix all the dry ingredients.
- Whisk together the water, egg and mustard.
- Add to the dry ingredients, whisk until you have a smooth batter, if needed add a bit more water but do not make it too thin.
- If you have the time let it rest for an hour in the fridge.
Excellent! The fish fried up very crispy in your wonderful batter. It is mildly seasoned, but adds such a lovely flavor to white fish. My DH raved over this one. I will definitely use this again. Thank you Pets!
My husband and I loved the subtle taste of the curry in the batter. Easy to make. The batter made enough to coat 3 tilapia fillets. Thanks Annelies!