Prep 15 mins
Cook 5 mins
This is a terrific side dish for chicken and lamb
- 1 1⁄2 cups couscous
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 1 1⁄2 cups boiling water
- 1⁄4 cup plain yogurt
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 1 teaspoon white wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 1⁄2 cup grated carrot
- 1⁄2 cup minced parsley
- 1⁄2 cup dried raisins or 1⁄2 cup cranberries
- 1⁄4 cup sliced almonds
- 2 scallions, thinly sliced
- 1⁄4 cup small diced red onion
- Pour couscous in a large bowl. Melt butter in the boiling water and pour over couscous.
- Cover tightly and allow the couscous to soak for 5 minutes. Fluff with a fork.
- Whisk together the yogurt, olive oil, vinegar; curry powder, turmeric, salt and pepper. Pour over the fluffed couscous and mix well with a fork.
- Add the carrots, parsley, raisins or cranberries, almonds, scallions, and red onions.
- Mix well and taste for seasonings.
- Serve at room temperature.
I made this a little while back but forgot to review it..Ooops. This is a lovely mild tasting couscous dish which made for a lovely lunch, the parsley gives it a fresh taste & the spices are not too overpowering. Thanks Ms Pia.