1/3 Photos of Curried Chicken and Apple Sandwich
This has gotten rave reviews at family picnics in the past. It is a refreshing change from the standard meat-salads used for sandwiches and is relatively easy to make. Pita pockets are the recommended "serving implement" but serve it up however you wish.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/4 cup reduced-calorie mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup plain low-fat yogurt
- 3/4 teaspoon curry powder, to taste
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 cups diced cooked chicken or 2 cups cooked turkey (8oz.)
- 5 green onions, including tops,chopped (about 2/3 c.)
- 1 large sweet green peppers or 1 large red pepper, cored,seeded,and chopped (1 c.)
- 1 small golden delicious apples or 1 small Red Delicious apple, cored and diced (1 c.)
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh cilantro (or 2 Tbsp. minced parsley mixed with 3/4 tsp. dried cilantro)
- lettuce leaf
- 4 whole wheat pita bread, halved
- 1In a medium-size bowl, whisk together the mayonnaise, yogurt, curry powder, salt, ground red pepper, and garlic.
- 2Stir in the chicken, green onions, green pepper, apple, and cilantro.
- 3Tuck several lettuce leaves into each pita half, then stuff with the filling.
- 4Cover with plastic food wrap and chill until ready to serve.
- 5Will keep, refrigerated, for up to 2 days.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Curried Chicken and Apple Sandwich
Serving Size: 1 (263 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 383.0
- Calories from Fat 105
- Total Fat 11.7 g
- Saturated Fat 2.4 g
- Cholesterol 58.6 mg
- Sodium 601.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 46.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 7.0 g
- Sugars 7.5 g
- Protein 25.5 g