Recipe by Chandra M
Easy winter side dish. I enjoy the pleasant slightly sweet true squash taste of buttercup, but any other winter squash can be substituted. The curry can be omitted and replace with your favorite spices, or brown sugar. Other winter squash can be substituted.
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Cut squash in half and scrape out the seeds & pulp.
- Place squash cut side down on an aluminum foil lined rimmed baking pan.
- Bake for 30 minutes.
- Remove squash from oven and turn over.
- Put half of the butter and spices in each squash half.
- Return to the oven and bake another 20 minutes or until the squash is tender and can be easily pricked with a toothpick.
- (I usually "mash" the inside of my half to mix the spices throughout the flesh once it is on my plate).