Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 large onion, halved and thinly sliced (about 1 1/2 cups)
- 3 garlic cloves, minced (about 1 Tbs.)
- 3 lbs curly kale, stemmed and coarsely chopped (about 12 cups)
- 3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1⁄3 cup chopped almonds
- Heat oil in large pot or Dutch oven over medium heat. Add onion, and cook 10 to 15 minutes, or until soft and beginning to brown. Add garlic, and cook 1 minute, or until fragrant.
- Stir in kale and 2 cups water. Cover, and cook 30 minutes, or until kale is tender. Season with salt and pepper.
- If making ahead, cool, and store in airtight container. Just before serving, reheat kale mixture, then drizzle with vinegar, and sprinkle with almonds.
This was pretty darn good. The flavor was a tad bit spicy, which I really liked.