April Fools Day prank to play on all those practical jokers! These are really meatloaves frosted with colorful mashed potatoes!!! Disguised as cupcakes of course :wink: :wink: From a kid friendly web site.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Line 12 muffin tin cups with foil bake cups.
- In a large bowl, mix together all of the meat loaf ingredients until well combined. Divide the mixture evenly among the lined cups (the liners should be about three quarters full).
- Place the filled muffin tins on a cookie sheet and bake the cupcakes for about 15 minutes or until cooked through.
- Divide the mashed potatoes among three small bowls and stir a few drops of food coloring into each batch to create blue, yellow, and pink pastel frostings.
- Spread a generous dollop on each cupcake.
These were soo good! They were really cute and colorful for April Fool's Day, yes, but this was also really good meatloaf! It was just bursting with flavor and so moist! I did have to cook about 8 minutes extra, but that's ok! The kids loved having the colorful leftover mashed potatoes on the side too. One note: This isn't a big deal, but I did find that the "cupcakes" pulled away from the cupcake liners as they baked, so these didn't look quite like cupcakes, but it was close enough! And definitely follow the recipe instructions and use foil cups...all I had were paper ones, and beside grease seeping through them, we had to be careful that none of the paper stuck to the "cupcakes" when we took them off. Great recipe! Thanks!
I made these for April fools day and then forgot where the recipe was. I'm glad I found it hiding in my cookbook for safe keeping. I can't wait to make them again maybe for one of our potlucks. It was my first time making meatloaf and everybody loved them. Thanks for a fun and tasty recipe.
I made these for April Fools for my kids and they loved it!! This will probably be a tradition now! Thanks so much!