Recipe by Shake'n'Cake
From the Sunday Herald Sun weekend magazine. Untried.
Top Review by Leggy Peggy
Sensational flavours. I made this with skinless chicken thighs and used only one dried chilli (it was quite large). This has just come out of the oven and I have already stolen several bites. When it is cool, I will mix it with homemade mayo (Recipe #207860) and some chopped celery and onion to make chicken salad for wraps. My guests will be thrilled. Thanks so very much for posting.
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cumin seed
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black peppercorns
- 1⁄2 teaspoon coriander seed
- 4 dried red chilies
- 1⁄2 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 800 g chicken, marylands trimmed
- olive oil, for brushing
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat the oven to 180c.
- Place the cumin, peppercorns, coriander seeds, chillies, turmeric, and salt in a mortar and pestle and grind until it forms a powder.
- Use a small sharp knife to slash the skin of the chickens.
- Brush with the oil and rub in the cumin and sea salt rub. Place the chicken, skin side on a baking tray and roast for 30 minutes or until the skin is golden and crispy and the chicken is cooked through.
- Serve with your favourite blanched greens and truss tomatoes.