Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
From the Sunday Herald Sun weekend magazine. Untried.
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cumin seed
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black peppercorns
- 1⁄2 teaspoon coriander seed
- 4 dried red chilies
- 1⁄2 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 800 g chicken, marylands trimmed
- olive oil, for brushing
- Preheat the oven to 180c.
- Place the cumin, peppercorns, coriander seeds, chillies, turmeric, and salt in a mortar and pestle and grind until it forms a powder.
- Use a small sharp knife to slash the skin of the chickens.
- Brush with the oil and rub in the cumin and sea salt rub. Place the chicken, skin side on a baking tray and roast for 30 minutes or until the skin is golden and crispy and the chicken is cooked through.
- Serve with your favourite blanched greens and truss tomatoes.
Sensational flavours. I made this with skinless chicken thighs and used only one dried chilli (it was quite large). This has just come out of the oven and I have already stolen several bites. When it is cool, I will mix it with homemade mayo (Best Ever Homemade Mayonnaise) and some chopped celery and onion to make chicken salad for wraps. My guests will be thrilled. Thanks so very much for posting.