Prep 25 mins
Cook 0 mins
"A Family Reunion", Good Food Magazine, August 1986. Prep time does not include 1-2 hours to chill.
- 1 1⁄2 cups sour cream
- 1⁄3 cup chopped fresh dill
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 4 dashes hot red pepper sauce (or to taste)
- 2 cups thinly sliced white onions (3 medium)
- 1 lb seedless cucumber, thinly sliced with peel (4 cups)
- Mix sour cream, all but 1 T. of the dill, the vinegar, salt, and red pepper sauce in small mixing bowl.
- Make 3 or 4 layers of onion, cucumber, and sour cream mixture (in that order) in a 2-quart serving bowl. Refrigerate covered 1-2 hours, spooning juice from bottom of bowl over top several times.
- Sprinkle remaining 1 T. dill over top and serve cold.
Great salad! The dill cream sauce was very refreshing and complemented the cucumbers and onions well. Thanks for sharing! ZWT9
These were light and refreshing, I liked that they weren't sweet. I used a combination of fresh and dried dill with Persian cucumbers. Made for ZWT 9 Scandinavia by one of The Appliance Killers
These were fantastic! Very similar to a recipe my mom always makes. I did peel the cucumbers (because my mom always does) and added some black pepper. I love the dill addition. The cider vinegar is the perfect amount for the amount of cucs and sour cream. Made for ZWT9 Scandinavia for the Soup-A-Stars