eat with pita or a fork :)
Make and share this Cucumber Yogurt Za'atar Salad (How I Like It ) recipe from Food.com.
- 2 cups yogurt (can be nonfat or lowfat)
- 2 whole English seedless cucumbers
- 2 garlic cloves, pressed
- sea salt
- fresh ground black pepper
- 1⁄3 cup fresh mint
- 1⁄3 cup flat leaf parsley, chopped
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1⁄2 lemon, juice of
- 1⁄2 lemon, zest of
- 1 dash paprika
- 1⁄2 teaspoon za'atar spice mix
- 1 red bell pepper
- 1⁄2 green bell pepper
- Peel the cucumbers, cut each one in half lengthwise, and cut into 1/4 inch dice. Crush the garlic and and salt together to a paste. Stir the yogurt into the garlic paste.Add lemon juice and the cucumbers, pepper, mint, and parsley. Toss to mix. Adjust salt and pepper to taste. Just before serving drizzle with the olive oil. Sprinkle the amount of Za'atar you like on top and the paprika.
- Tear off pieces of the pita bread and use them to scoop up salad.