Recipe by ChefDLH
This is a great appetizer that looks great and is easy. Just four ingredients and three steps are all you need to make these flavorful appetizers. The presentation is so beautiful and the combination of ingredients unique. It is colorful for a holiday party plus the ingredients are crisp for a summer gathering and both make it super for every season in between. Make sure to pick a great sun dried tomato spread as it is the key ingredient. Enjoy! ChefDLH
- 1 large cucumber (English or burpless, chilled)
- 1⁄3 cup spread sun-dried tomato (in jar veggie aisle at supermarkets)
- 3 tablespoons chevre cheese (goat crumbled)
- fresh basil leaf (if desired for topping)
Directions See How It's Made
- Make lines or indentations lengthwise down cucumber at 1/4-inch intervals, using vegetable peeler or tines of fork. Cut cucumber into 32 slices, 1/2 inch each. Place on paper towels to drain.
- Spread each slice with about 1 teaspoon tomato spread. Sprinkle each with about 1/2 teaspoon cheese.
- Serve immediately, or refrigerate up to 1 hour. Top each slice with basil leaf just before serving.