Prep 15 mins
Cook 8 hrs
From Time Life: a Quintet of Cuisines
- Slice peppers in halves, de-seed, derib and cut into 2 inch squares.
- peel cucumbers and slice them lengthwise into halves.
- scoop out the seeds by running tip of a teaspoon down the center of each half.
- cut cucumbers into 2 inch lengths.
- in a bowl combine lime juice and salt until salt is disolved.
- drop in peppers and cucumbers and toss.
- cover and let marinaide for at least 8 hours at room temp.
- this dish is traditionally serves with couscous.
Yummy salad! I used double the lime, just a sprinkle of salt and red bell peppers. It is a quick and great way to fix your veggies!
This was so simple and yet so good! I just love the lime juice and salt with the veggies. Thanks Michelle!