A nice basic masr salad
Make and share this Cucumber Chickpea Salad recipe from Food.com.
- 2 (8 ounce) cans chickpeas, drained
- 1 cup chopped tomato (or more if you like tomatoes)
- 1⁄2 cup minced onion
- 1⁄2 cup sliced celery
- 2 cucumbers, sliced and chopped
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon dill weed
- salt & pepper
- 3 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 1⁄4 teaspoon coriander
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cumin
- Mix oil & lemon juice well and set aside.
- Combine all other ingredients and toss with the oil and lemon juice mixture. Chill before serving and garnish with fresh parsley, if desired.
This is good. I found the flavors meld and the taste and texture was better a couple days after making this salad. I used vidalia onion, fresh chopped dill weed, sea salt, freshly ground black pepper, freshly squeezed lemon juice, a good extra virgin olive oil, no optional parsley, plus the rest of the ingredients. Made for *** RAMADAN RECIPE TAG - 2011 ***
Absolutely delicious, crunchy with loads of flavour, thanks for posting this.
Refreshing & light! Perfect as a side dish for a hot summer day. Made for Ramadan Tag 2010