Recipe by Scots Lass/Cairo
A very fresh cooling accompaniment to any dish. Refrigerate for at least an hour before serving
- 500 g lebanese cucumbers
- 2 cups Greek yogurt
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1⁄4 cup of fresh mint, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon cumin powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon dill weed, finely chopped
- 3 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
Directions See How It's Made
- Peel, de-seed and finely chop the cucumbers.
- Beat the yoghurt for a minute or two. Set aside.
- Sprinkle the cucumbers with the salt and leave for 5 minutes to allow the juices to drain away.
- Put the cucumbers into a sieve and wash under running cold water.
- Drain very well.
- In a large bowl mix the cucumber, mint, dill, lemon juice garlic and cumin.
- Gently stir in the beaten yoghurt.
- Cover the dish and chill for at least one hour.
- Mix well before serving.