Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
"Old Clothes" From Woman's Day. Serve this with tortillas and black beans & rice.
Make and share this Cuban Ropa Vieja (Crock Pot) recipe from Food.com.
- 2 cubanelle peppers, seeded and sliced
- 1 cup sliced onion
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1⁄4 cup tomato paste
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 bay leaf
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄2 lbs boneless beef chuck steaks
- 1⁄3 cup pimento stuffed olive, plus
- 2 tablespoons chopped capers
- 1⁄3 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- Mix all ingredients except steak, alcaparrado and cilantro in a 3½-qt or larger slow-cooker. Top with steak; turn steak over to coat with mixture.
- Cover and cook on low 8 to 10 hours or until steak is very tender. Transfer steak to a cutting board.
- Remove and discard bay leaf. Tear steak in shreds using the two-forks method. Return shreds to cooker; stir in olives and chopped cilantro and serve.
This was delicious. Like Chef #798119, I used bell pepper instead of cubanelle. Served over yellow rice tossed with peas. Top with more capers if you are not a chopped green olive fan. Delicious!
Great crock pot recipe. Excellent flavor, easy. Made pretty much exactly as written (used standard red bell pepper instead of cubanelle and rice wine vinegar instead of cider vinegar). Will definitely make again.