Prep 25 mins
Cook 5 mins
Ready, Set, Cook! Hidden Valley Contest Entry. This tropical Cuban twist on deep fried shrimp will have you transported to the aromas of a hot Havana Night....The savoury Ranch flavours married to the sweet coconut create a gastronomic delicacy that is truly special.
- 1 (1 ounce) package Hidden Valley Original Ranch Dips Mix
- 1 lb large raw shrimp
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh chives
- 1 cup Greek yogurt
- 1⁄8 cup lemon juice
- 1⁄2 cup grated coconut, available through www.cubancuisine.co.uk (coco rallado)
- 2 large eggs, beaten
- salad greens
- 2 cups breadcrumbs
- 4 cups cooking oil
- 1. Combine dry ingredients of bread crumbs and grated coconut in a medium size bowl and set aside.
- 2. Beat two eggs inn a small bowl and set aside.
- 3. Pour Hidden Valley Ranch Dip Mix into small bowl.
- 4. Devein the shrimp.
- 5. Now starts the assembly line: For each shrimp, dip them into the egg wash, then into the Hidden Valley Ranch mix. Then dip again into the egg wash.
- 6. Finally coat the shrimp in the bread crumb mixture.
- 7. Heat Cooking oil and only deep fry the shrimp when the oil is quite hot until golden brown.
- 8. Combine greek yogurt, chives and a splash of lemon juice.
- 9. Serve the shrimp standing in a large dollop of yogurt mixture.
- garnish with avocado or lemon slices.