1/1 Photo of Cuban Ranch Shrimp Salad #RSC
Ready, Set, Cook! Hidden Valley Contest Entry. This tropical Cuban twist on deep fried shrimp will have you transported to the aromas of a hot Havana Night....The savoury Ranch flavours married to the sweet coconut create a gastronomic delicacy that is truly special.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (1 ounce) package Hidden Valley Original Ranch Dips Mix
- 1 lb large raw shrimp
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh chives
- 1 cup Greek yogurt
- 1/8 cup lemon juice
- 1/2 cup grated coconut, available through www.cubancuisine.co.uk (coco rallado)
- 2 large eggs, beaten
- salad greens
- 2 cups breadcrumbs
- 4 cups cooking oil
- 11. Combine dry ingredients of bread crumbs and grated coconut in a medium size bowl and set aside.
- 22. Beat two eggs inn a small bowl and set aside.
- 33. Pour Hidden Valley Ranch Dip Mix into small bowl.
- 44. Devein the shrimp.
- 55. Now starts the assembly line: For each shrimp, dip them into the egg wash, then into the Hidden Valley Ranch mix. Then dip again into the egg wash.
- 66. Finally coat the shrimp in the bread crumb mixture.
- 77. Heat Cooking oil and only deep fry the shrimp when the oil is quite hot until golden brown.
- 88. Combine greek yogurt, chives and a splash of lemon juice.
- 99. Serve the shrimp standing in a large dollop of yogurt mixture.
- 10garnish with avocado or lemon slices.
Browse Our Top Weeknight Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cuban Ranch Shrimp Salad #RSC
Serving Size: 1 (245 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 7
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1330.8
- Calories from Fat 1189
- Total Fat 132.1 g
- Saturated Fat 20.5 g
- Cholesterol 134.8 mg
- Sodium 615.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 24.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.4 g
- Sugars 2.5 g
- Protein 15.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
Hidden Valley Original Ranch Dips Mix