Prep 10 mins
Cook 35 mins
Plantains become sweeter as they ripen. This recipe uses very ripe plantains hence this will be sweet treat or side dish. The plantains are grilled and glazed with a delicious sweet butter glaze. This recipe is easy to prepare and these grilled plantains are going to be a delicious addition to your next barbecue. Recipe from Lourdes Castro on Epicurious.
- Preheat the barbecue.
- To prepare the butter glaze, add the butter and the sugar to a small saucepan. Heat it while constantly stirring until the butter has melted and the butter and sugar are well combined. Take the saucepan off the stove and whisk in the vinegar. Set aside.
- Cut the plantains lengthwise in half.
- Oil the barbecue grates with an oil-soaked paper towel held by tongs. Place the plantain halves cut side down on the grill. Close the lid of the barbecue and cook the plantains for up to 15 minutes. Don’t burn the plantains.
- Then flip the plantains and spread some of the butter glaze on the cut side of the plantains. Close the barbecue lid again and cook for up to 15 minutes again.
- Take the plantains off and spread the remaining glaze on top.
- Serve immediately.