Plantains become sweeter as they ripen. This recipe uses very ripe plantains hence this will be sweet treat or side dish. The plantains are grilled and glazed with a delicious sweet butter glaze. This recipe is easy to prepare and these grilled plantains are going to be a delicious addition to your next barbecue. Recipe from Lourdes Castro on Epicurious.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat the barbecue.
- 2To prepare the butter glaze, add the butter and the sugar to a small saucepan. Heat it while constantly stirring until the butter has melted and the butter and sugar are well combined. Take the saucepan off the stove and whisk in the vinegar. Set aside.
- 3Cut the plantains lengthwise in half.
- 4Oil the barbecue grates with an oil-soaked paper towel held by tongs. Place the plantain halves cut side down on the grill. Close the lid of the barbecue and cook the plantains for up to 15 minutes. Don’t burn the plantains.
- 5Then flip the plantains and spread some of the butter glaze on the cut side of the plantains. Close the barbecue lid again and cook for up to 15 minutes again.
- 6Take the plantains off and spread the remaining glaze on top.
- 7Serve immediately.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cuban Grilled Plantains
Serving Size: 1 (119 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 226.5
- Calories from Fat 41
- Total Fat 4.6 g
- Saturated Fat 2.8 g
- Cholesterol 11.4 mg
- Sodium 10.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 48.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.0 g
- Sugars 33.4 g
- Protein 1.2 g