Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
This is a quick recipe to throw together, with great flavor. You can substitute shrimp for the chicken.
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 2 teaspoons cumin seeds
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 6 large garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄2 cup orange juice
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 4 orange slices, thinly sliced
- 4 lemon slices, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped
- Sprinkle both sides of chicken breasts with salt and pepper. Press cumin seeds into both sides of chicken.
- Heat oil in large skillet over medium heat until hot. Add chicken; cook 7 to 9 minutes or until golden brown and no longer pink in center, turning once. Place on plate; cover loosely with foil.
- Add garlic to skillet; cook and stir 30 to 60 seconds or until fragrant. Add orange juice, lemon juice, orange slices, lemon slices and 1 tablespoon of the parsley. Bring to a simmer, stirring to scrape up any browned bits from bottom of skillet.
- Serve chicken with sauce; spoon lemon slices and orange slices over chicken, if desired. Sprinkle with remaining tablespoon of parsley.
This was a quick,easy, low-calorie recipe. The chicken was delicious! Thanks for posting, CoreChick. My hubby and I really enjoyed this dish!