1/2 Photos of Cuban Bread for the bread machine
2 hrs 10 mins
1 hr 30 mins
Missy Wombat's Note:
This recipe comes via Father Dominic. His website was recommended to me by my friend Cara.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Add water, salt, flour, brown sugar and yeast to bread machine pan in the order suggested by manufacturer.
- 2Select dough/manual cycle.
- 3When cycle is complete, transfer dough to a lightly floured surface.
- 4Shape into a long loaf; taper ends by gently rolling back and forth.
- 5Place on a baking sheet that has been sprinkled with cornmeal.
- 6Let rise, uncovered, 10 minutes.
- 7Using a sharp knife, make 3 or 4 diagonal slashes on top of loaf.
- 8Brush with egg glaze.
- 9Place on the middle shelf of a cold oven.
- 10Place a shallow pan on bottom shelf and add hot water to pan.
- 11Set oven temperature at 400 degrees and bake 30 minutes, or until done.
- 12Remove from pan and let cool on wire rack.
Browse Our Top Yeast Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cuban Bread for the bread machine
Serving Size: 1 (925 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1497.4
- Calories from Fat 81
- Total Fat 9.0 g
- Saturated Fat 2.2 g
- Cholesterol 186.0 mg
- Sodium 3587.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 298.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 12.2 g
- Sugars 10.1 g
- Protein 48.2 g