Top Review by lchaim
Made this casserole today with pumpkin squash. Followed the directions exactly. Results were good tasting , but had a consistency of baby food! Any suggestions? Have made wonderful butternut souffles, but those recipes included flour and eggs. What is supposed to hold this together??
- 1 medium butternut squash, pared, seeded and cut up
- 3⁄4 cup pecans
- 1⁄3 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook squash in boiling salted water until tender.
- Meanwhile, put pecans in blender container.
- Cover and run on low until coarsely chopped; empty into a small bowl; reserve.
- Put squash, sugar, and cinnamon into blender container.
- Cover and run on low until squash is pureed.
- Empty into 1-quart flame-proof casserole; top with chopped nuts and drizzle with syrup.
- Place under the broiler for 3-5 minutes or until glazed and browned.