Prep 20 mins
Cook 5 mins
- 1 medium butternut squash, pared, seeded and cut up
- 3⁄4 cup pecans
- 1⁄3 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- Cook squash in boiling salted water until tender.
- Meanwhile, put pecans in blender container.
- Cover and run on low until coarsely chopped; empty into a small bowl; reserve.
- Put squash, sugar, and cinnamon into blender container.
- Cover and run on low until squash is pureed.
- Empty into 1-quart flame-proof casserole; top with chopped nuts and drizzle with syrup.
- Place under the broiler for 3-5 minutes or until glazed and browned.
Made this casserole today with pumpkin squash. Followed the directions exactly. Results were good tasting , but had a consistency of baby food! Any suggestions? Have made wonderful butternut souffles, but those recipes included flour and eggs. What is supposed to hold this together??
The best butternut squash recipe I have found. My kids even love it.
This recipe sounded so much better than it tasted for me. I normally am a big fan of butternut squash, so expected to love this, but it just didn't quite hit the mark for me. Maybe with some tweaking I think this could be an awesome recipe. Maybe some salt, or nutmeg?