Prep 5 mins
Cook 1 hr
A wonderful spicey cake with a delicious lemon glaze. Starts with a cake mix, but you can't even tell. As my D-I-L would say this cake is "wicked good" You can also add 1/4 teaspoon allspice and cut the oil down to 1/2 cup without affecting the yummniest of the cake.
- 18 1⁄2 ounces yellow cake mix
- 1 cup oil
- 3 1⁄2 ounces vanilla instant pudding mix
- 1⁄4 teaspoon allspice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 cup beer
- 4 eggs
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ginger
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cardamom
- 1 1⁄2 cups powdered sugar
- 2 tablespoons softened butter
- 1⁄2 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large bowl mix all ingredients well, then mix on medium speed for 3 minutes.
- Grease and flour a bundt pan or use Bakers Joy spray.
- Bake for 50-60 until cake pulls away from the pan and toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Cool in pan for 25 minutes.
- Then remove cake from pan and continue cooling on rack.
- In a small bowl mix all glaze ingredients and spread over top of cooled cake.
I love this cake. I am very partial to spice cakes and am always looking for new and different ways to make them. This one is a keeper. I frosted it with white frosting but that is just my preference. Thankyou so much for sharing!
Mandabears,i could never have imagined how beautiful,and delicious this cake was from the ingredient list.the color was akin to my date bread,and it was so yummy,my husband said ,best bundt cake he ever had.i did add few chopped walnuts,and few raisins,as it was xmas,but the recipe is so good ,doesnt need it.Thanks for sharing your recipe.