Prep 20 mins
Cook 5 mins
From Donna Hay magazine Australia. A delightful, light chicken salad, great on the eye and taste! Perfect for our long, hot summer months in the southern hemisphere.
- 4 (200 g) chicken breasts, trimmed and sliced
- 3 egg whites, lightly beaten
- 2 cups finely grated parmesan cheese
- 200 g baby spinach leaves
- 1 lebanese cucumber, thinly sliced
- 240 g punnet yellow tear drop tomatoes, halved
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced (scallions)
- 1⁄4 cup basil leaves
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- sea salt
- cracked black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 200°C.
- Dip the chicken in the egg whites and press into Parmesan.
- Place on baking trays and cook under a preheated grill for 5 - 8 minutes or until golden.
- Place the spinach, cucumber tomatoes and green onions in a bowl an toss to combine.
- Place the basil, oil, lemon juice, salt and pepper in a bowl and whisk to combine.
- Divide the salad between plates, top with chicken and spoon over the basil oil to serve.