Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
From Real Simple.
- 1⁄2 orange, zest of, peeled into wide strips
- 1 orange, juice of
- 1 1⁄2 lbs carrots, cut on the diagonal into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1⁄2 cup dry white wine
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- In a medium saucepan, combine the zest, juice, carrots, wine, oil, cumin, salt, and enough water to cover (about 3/4 cup).
- Bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer until almost tender but still slightly crisp in the center, 3 to 4 minutes.
- Transfer the carrots and the cooking liquid to a bowl. Season with the pepper.
- Cover and refrigerate until chilled through, about 40 minutes. Drain all but 1/2 cup of the cooking liquid before serving.