Recipe by juniperwoman
I just saw this recipe on Calorie Commando on Food Network, and it looked so good (and so low fat) that I immediately went to the Food Network website and copied down the information. So here is the recipe, slightly reworded. Sounds easy, doesn't it? No deep fat frying. Woo hoo!
- olive oil flavored cooking spray (12 quick sprays)
- 1 cup Italian seasoned breadcrumbs
- 8 ounces low-moisture part-skim mozzarella cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- While you're preheating the oven to 350 degrees, cut the cheese into 12 square-ish pieces.
- Lightly spray a nonstick mini muffin tin with olive oil cooking spray.
- Press half of the bread crumb mixture evenly into each of the mini muffin cups (reserve the rest of the breadcrumbs until later).
- Add 1 mozzarella piece to each muffin cup and cover with remaining bread crumb mixture. Make sure that the cheese is completely buried in the bread crumb mixture.
- Pop the tin in the oven for 10 minutes or until the top layer of bread crumbs is crunchy and the cheese is soft.
- Remove tin from oven and allow the bites to cool in their tin for 5 minutes. And that's all. You're done!